Internationalist Manifesto Against the War 07:38 Apr 15 22 comments
War and Anarchists: Anti-Authoritarian Perspectives in Ukraine 19:25 Feb 22 11 comments
We condemn the Turkish state attack and invasion of the Iraqi Kurdistan 07:12 Jun 26 4 comments
A Dirty Military Incursion into Venezuela 23:20 May 11 5 comments
US refusal to withdraw troops from Iraq is a breach of international law 22:27 Feb 08 1 commentsmore >>
Recent articles by KAF
نا بۆ جەنگ، ... 0 comments
No war but the class war 1 commentsRecent Articles about Mashriq / Arabia / Iraq Imperialism / War
Resist Genocide Oct 14 23
Résister au génocide Oct 14 23
Kobane’s Second Phase: Resistance and Necessities
mashriq / arabia / iraq | imperialism / war | opinion / analysis Wednesday March 04, 2015 03:44 by KAF - Kurdistan Anarchists Forum anarkistan at activist dot com
After 134 days of fierce resisting and defending. The women, men and their combatants with the support and solidarity from millions of people around the world had finally defeated the vicious attack from ISIS and liberated their town Kobane. This was not just a defeat for ISIS and it’s dream to establish an Islamic Kelifat. But it had also destroyed the ISIS’s ally the current Turkish government’s dream to resurrect a Neu-othman empire.
Kobane’s Second Phase: Resistance and Necessities
After 134 days of fierce resisting and defending. The women, men and their combatants with the support and solidarity from millions of people around the world had finally defeated the vicious attack from ISIS and liberated their town Kobane.
This was not just a defeat for ISIS and it’s dream to establish an Islamic Kelifat. But it had also destroyed the ISIS’s ally the current Turkish government’s dream to resurrect a Neu-othman empire.
The attack on Kobane was a proxy war launched by ISIS on behalf of the regional regimes and others against the bravery people in Kobane and the Democratic Self administration (DSA).
This war has left a great impact on people of Kobane socially and psychologically and including the people who left the town and sought refuge in the neighboring regions.
The war is not over yet. The ISIS is still intimidating and threatening the villages around Kobane with their frightening missions and propaganda. Obviously, this threat will remain until their total eradication from the region.
We are now in the second stage of resistance and that is to deal with the aftermath of the war. Clearing the land mines, unexploded bombs and explosives. Clearly, this operation cannot be achieved by the people of Kobane. This needs technical support and expertise.
To rebuild Kobane: the people of this town need the international solidarity from the vast majority of people in the world in order to save the Democratic Self Administration. This is the only way to protect the revolution there. Asking the international finance bodies and big corporations to help with the rebuilding of the town is not the best option. In fact this approach as the history tells us might well results in destroying the revolution altogether.
Some suggestions for the international solidarity and support in reconstruction of Rojava:
- Forming committees and associations to collect money, reconstruction materials and cleaning the environment especially in Kobane .
- Opening bank accounts for donation and making contribution under the control of the Rojava Solidarity groups in towns and countries.
- Forming different groups and committees in the towns of any countries where is possible to collect anything, any materials that Rojave needs for reconstruction. Ensuring that whatever has been collected will be transferring quickly and safely to Rojava. Setting up storages on the borders of Kurdistan region of Iraq, Iran and Turkey before transferring them to Rojava through opening of humanitarian corridor.
- Collecting medicine and hospital equipments to all three Cantons of Rojava: Jazeera, Kobane and Efrin
- Building schools, hospitals, play fields and special places for rehabilitation and psychological supports of war’s victims and refugees.
- Providing independent telephone lines and Internet connection to all three Cantons : Efrin, Jazerra and Kobane, not relying on neighbouring countries lines any more, the lines and Internet connection should be outside of their control.
- Allowing the volunteers who can help physically and mentally to go there in order to participate directly to support people and also helping in reconstruction of Kobane and the rest of Rojava.
- Allowing the volunteers who are expert in energy fields, agriculture, industries and building construction to participate and offer whatever they can.
- Any steps that will be done must be in consultation with the local people in Rojava who involved in Communes and the rest of the other local groups with coordination with people of DSA and they should be the decision makers.
- We see the participating and solidarity to Rojava as an anarchist natural practical duty. We hope the above suggestions and some more from other comrades be put in practice. We believe this practical work should not be just related to Rojava , but can be considered to anywhere in this world especially those places that has been destroyed by war. This can be an evident that anarchists work in rebuilding the society in every aspects of life.
We believe that nothing is perfect and immune from criticism, so do these suggestions. We hope our suggestion create debates and discussion among all the anarchist comrades . We also like to stress that our suggestions are not just about Kobane / Rojava because there is possibility that we face the same duty in elsewhere in this world in nearest future .
Kurdistan Anarchist Forum (KAF)4th Feb 2015