Brazil/Guyana/Suriname/FGuiana - Anarchist Communist Event
Saturday July 18 2009
2nd Encounter towards a Sao Paulo Anarchist Federation
anarchist movement |
anarchist communist event
Monday June 15, 2009 18:24 by Coletivo Pró-Federação Anarquista de São Paulo - Coletivo Pró-FASP fasp at riseup dot net
18-19 July 2009
The Pró-Federação Anarquista de São Paulo collective invites everyone to participate in the 2nd Encounter towards a Sao Paulo Anarchist Federation on 18-19 July 2009 in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil. [Português]
2nd Encounter towards a Sao Paulo Anarchist Federation (Federação Anarquista de São Paulo)
The Pró-Federação Anarquista de São Paulo collective invites everyone to participate in the 2nd Encounter towards a Sao Paulo Anarchist Federation on 18-19 July 2009 in the city of Sao Paulo.
The first Encounter in July 2008 saw the participation of 85 comrades, which helped strengthen the discussion on the need to build an anarchist organization in Sao Paulo with an especifist organizational basis.
It was from that Encounter che this collective was formed, with the aim of carrying on the debate. The purpose of this second Encounter, then, is to present and discuss the collective's experiences and the work done so far, and also to invite new comrades to join us. Over this first year, the participants have engaged in many activities with the aim of joining the popular struggles and contributing social and practical ideas such as direct action, autonomy, combativity, solidarity, horizontality and independence from parties.
During this process, there have been losses and gains, which enabled the collective to develop and expand. These are important effects if more people are to contribute to the building of organized social anarchist practices.
So, with a fighting spirit we invite everyone to this second Encounter, to give continuity to this task and together build a specific anarchist organization in Sao Paulo.
Long life and Liberty!
Espaço Ay Carmela!
Rua das Carmelitas, 140, Sé – São Paulo
Travessa da Rua Tabatinguera - Metrô Sé
1st Day - 18/07 – Saturday
8.00 – 9.00am: Breakfast
9.30 – 12.00am: Opening
- Presentation of the venue, the Espaço Ay Carmela, a self-managed political and cultural centre
- What is the Pró-FASP collective? From theory to practice
- Presentation on Social Anarchism, especifismo and the importance of committment in the anarchist organization
- Presentation on the collective's praxis: areas of struggle and workgroups
11.00 – 12.00am: Debate
12.00 – 1.45pm: Lunch
2.00 – 6.00pm: Discussion on the current situation
2.00 – 3.45pm: Discussion groups
- Social Movements: the struggle in the countryside and in the towns
- Anarchism around the world: Brazil, Mexico, Greece, Argentina
- Political events in Brazil and around the world: an anarchist analysis
- Anarchism and feminism: libertarian women and social transformation
3.45 – 4.15pm: Café
4.15 – 6.00pm: Conclusion of joint discussions
6.00 – 7.30pm: Dinner
7.30 – 10.00pm: Party
2nd Day - 19/07 – Sunday
8.00 – 9.00am: Breakfast
9.30 – 12.00am: Social anarchism in Brazil today
- With the confirmed participation of: the Federação Anarquista Gaúcha and the Federação Anarquista do Rio de Janeiro
12.00 – 1.00pm: Lunch
1.00 – 5.00pm: Final activities
Discussion of practical points for social anarchism in Sao Paulo and joint basis for the foundation of the Sao Paulo Anarchist Federation.
Translation by FdCA-International Relations Office