"Abolishing the Borders from Below" #27 (December 2006) is out !
The new edition of „Abolishing the Borders from Below“ an anarchist journal from Eastern Europe is out since the beginning of December.
„ABOLISHING THE BORDERS FROM BELOW“ #27 (December 2006) is out !
The new edition of „Abolishing the Borders from Below“ an anarchist journal from Eastern Europe is out since the beginning of December. ABB#27 brings this time „Education and up-bringing“ as a main theme - texts, analyses, historical retrospections on state-communist aproaches, presentation of contemporary alternatives projects and anarchist student networks, aa well as the interviews, all in context of the education, written by various east european anarchists. Among them:
* „The most you learn, you learn aside from school“ - on education in Poland
* „A short survey over education in Romania“
* „The education system and segregation - at times forced assimilation – in Slovakia“
* „System of education discrimination in Ukraine“
* „Polish school system – the revival of a hierarchical institution“
* Interview with Students' Initiative network from Warsaw
* „Anarchist education activities in Czechia“
* „Alternative educational projects in Warsaw“
* „Special education in Romania“
* „About the school-leavers exam in Poland“
In the issue can be found of course many other interesting reports and articles on social struggles and anarchist organizing around Eastern Europe, such like:
* „CONNECTIONS – some comments to the riots in Hungary“ by the Barrikade Collective
* „All of a sudden ... anarchism spreads rapidly through Estonia!“ / PUNA MUST network
* „Conflict between locals and Rromas in Slovenia“
* „Anarchists supporting the mail carriers strike all around Poland“
* „One year after fascist assassination of TIMUR KACHARAVA“ - interview on the current situation on the streets of St. Petersburg
* „We will rock you“ - weekend of music and protest in Czech Republic
* Reports from antifascist resistance in Russia, Romania and Poland
* Invitation to international anti-G8 meeting in Warsaw (9-11.2.2007)
* „Food Not Bombs in Bucharest“ by Initiativa Libertara
* and much more stories ...
This edition closes the fifth year of activity of the „Abolishing the Borders from Below“ as anarchist collective and as a publication. So check if it is still a project needed by the anarchist movement. If you believe it is, please support it by spreading around and by sending benefits to the collective from time to time – the journal hardly works for itself.
„AbolishingBB“ is available in anarchist/libertarian bookstores, info-shops, distributions, libraries and bars around the globe.
If you want to start distribution in your region, write the ABB-collective under: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to contact the editorial crew in any other terms, write under: email@example.com
Journal is free to the prisoners (of all kind of prisons including the refuge-camps) if only the interest will be announced and contact established. In this specific issue contact the group under: firstname.lastname@example.org
„If education supposes to be a key to the doors of life, then we propose or to encourage everyone to shape its own pick-lock or to get together and smash the doors to make it sure nobody will be left outside“
ABOLISHING THE BORDERS FROM BELOW